Sunday, March 20, 2016

THE REAL REASON WHY GUARDIOLA LEFT BARCELONA

Guardiola, who led Barcelona to unprecedented successes during his four-year tenure, during which time he won 13 trophies – including two European Cups – explained that the decision to quit was taken last year and that pressure and mental fatigue was the reason he was calling time on his role.
"I would like you to understand that this is not an easy decision for me," he said. "But I would like to explain my reasons for this decision.I have always wanted short-term contracts. Four years is an eternity as Barca coach. In the month of October I announced to the president and to the sporting director that I thought my spell was coming to an end.
"The main reason why I have taken this decision is because four years is many years.
"I have given everything and I have nothing left and need to recharge my batteries.
"The demands have been great and I have not been able to rest much. I have to recover and the only way I can do that is by distancing myself. Otherwise, we would have ended up damaging each other.
"I know that I'm leaving the best place to work in. I am very satisfied with the result we have achieved. I have had the great privilege of coaching fantastic players. I want to thank them."
The facts of the matter are that we won four titles that year and were playing better than ever, with the 3-4-3 we used against Real Madrid and the 3-7-0 I opted for in the Club World Cup. We were playing brilliantly but I was on my knees and had no new tactical ideas left. That was why I left. There was no other reason.” Pep Confidential: The Inside Story of Pep Guardiola's First Season at Bayern Munich' is out now in paperback and ebook.
an interview with the magazine, 'Audi Annual Report',Pep Guardiolaassured that "I left Barça becuaseI couldn't motivate my playersany more." 
Leaving Barcelona: "If, as a manager, you can't motivate your players any more, you know that it is time to go


No comments:

Post a Comment