Thursday, August 18, 2016

Article: Josep Guardiola’s greatest achievement: Barça B (Part 2/4)

fcb_barxa-b
This is the second part of four that I wrote for @Footballcantera about Josep Guardiolas first season coaching as he took over Barça B in 2007.
The building of a team
Josep Guardiola was presented as head coach of FC Barcelona B at Camp Nou on 21th June 2007.
“I am no one as a coach, that’s why I face this opportunity with such uncontrollable enthusiasm. I’ve come here prepared to help in any way necessary. I know the club and I hope to help these players and the idea of football that you have to grow. In fact, the best way of educating the players is to make them see that they can win. I hope the sense of privilege I feel is felt by everyone in the team.” – Guardiola to a full media room at the Camp Nou on his first day as head coach of FC Barcelona B on June 21, 2007 that day.
He knew the challenge he had taken on wasn’t an easy one, and he had been reminded by everyone around him that the fourth division was; hell. And it wouldn’t take long before his first and one of his hardest challenges as a coach came. As the B-team had been regulated to the fourth division the C-team had to disband. Meaning that Guardiola’s first order of business was consolidating two squads of players into one

No comments:

Post a Comment